Sunday, July 29, 2012

Who I am and why I'm invading your internet

So most blogs start out having a point, a general reason as to why someone started using it. My story is this:
I'm Lauren, I'm a 29 year old Mama of one beautiful girl, happily married to a wonderful man and living in Melbourne Australia.
Us with our Ellie Jade on her 1st birthday
My aim in creating this blog is partly for my own outlet, and partly to try to make the readers more aware of PCOS and how it can affect lives, and also to hopefully meet some others in my position that need support and someone to chat to about their issues too. I also want to share my journey in trying to get pregnant with PCOS. While I realise that it's early days for us yet, being only six months in, it can also be very lonely. I get met with a lot of "You have to give it some time" and "Don't be so dramatic about this!", when sometimes I just need to hear a "That sucks! Fuck PCOS!". Ideally followed by offers of wine and Chocolate.
Selfishly, it's hard seeing other people fall pregnant at the drop of a hat, and seemingly not appreciating how lucky they are. While it isn't my place to judge some situations, or as horrible as it may be for me to be jealous, I just sometimes am. And sometimes I get bitter. Yup.
As far as other vents go; I have struggled with the symptoms of PCOS even before I knew I had it, most specifically with my weight and body image. It's hard to get your head around eating right, exercising and getting nowhere with weight loss. I can't actually remember a time I looked in the mirror and was happy with what I saw. But then again that seems to be another disease that most women have, so I guess I'm not alone on that one!

More about me:
Currently I'm a stay at home Mum. Before my daughter I worked as an Animal Attendant at a vet clinic. I love animals and I'm very passionate about animal welfare issues. I'm particularly fond of rabbits, and we share our house with three completely litter trained house rabbits, as well as two cats, a Newfoundland and some fish.
I am rather geeky. I love video games, science and math humor and reading, although I rarely get the time for any of the above these days. I'm also weirdly fond of all things zombie.
I come equipped with a pretty broad sense of humor and I'm very fluent in sarcasm. I'm grateful for my sense of humor, it gets me by a lot of the time. 
As much as I may complain here, I do have a wonderful support network in my awesome husband and a very loved group of friends and family, who I would do anything for. I'm not a gushy sort of person, but I do try to let them know how loved and appreciated they are as often as I feel comfortable doing so. I guess I can be a bit reserved in that way.
The rest of me is a pretty open book though, as I'm sure you will find out if you follow this blog. I swear entirely too much, I love to bake, I'm generally weird, I laugh a lot.
And I think that's about it.
I do hope you enjoy reading my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment